Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Red River Rivalry, iPhones and a Home Office

Where did September go? Where's October going? I can't believe it's been almost a month since my last post. It seems each blog entry these days begins the same way.

I started my new job at Convergys on September 15 just in time to be at home and watch the stock market nose dive. So far, the job is going well. My co-workers are based in Lake Mary, Florida, Cincinnati, Ohio and Dallas. I was in Dallas one week and in Blanco for an offsite the following week. The days at home seem to go by extremely fast. Molly is loving the home office set-up. She usually sleeps on the perch at the top of the stairs, and waddles around for few minutes before plopping back down for another 2-3 hour snooze. I'm adjusting to life with a Blackberry. I miss my iPhone dearly, but it's found a good home with Mom. She's texting, downloading music from iTunes and adding photos to the phone like a pro. Once our company switches back to Exchange, I'll likely go back to the iPhone. Until then, I get my iPhone fix when I see Mark or Mom.

Here are some photos of the home office set-up. I still have a few pictures to hang, but the major re-arranging and decorating is done.




I hosted a Texas-OU Red River Rivalry party at my place last Saturday. What a game! Here are some photos from the party.






ESPN College Game Day is live from the Forty Acres this Saturday morning. They're setting up on the South Mall so it should be a nice setting for some fall football. I'll post some photos here so check back.

6 comments:

The James Family said...

Your office looks great!

Thanks for hosting the game watching party. It was nice to leave a Texas-OU party on a high note for once. :-)

-Mark

Jim and Sharon said...

So glad to get the blog update- Molly seems proud of your new office and the fact that you are home-based...she is a lucky dog..
Love the green accents in the office
Mom

The James Family said...

Your office really does look great. I'm glad the new job is going well and you are enjoying working at home. The party was fun. So glad UT won. I feel bad that I had the best seat in the house and didn't really care about the game. I'll try to remember to be more sensitive next year :)

Suz

Anonymous said...

DJ...love the photos. Molly looks really cute in your office. Does the lights from your office hurt her eyes since she is so used to the pitch black darkness of the closet? hahaha. WE LOVE MOLLY!!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the photo of me "watching" the game. I'm a true sports fan.

Anonymous said...

cute pics!! dawn is not a fan...haha i likey your office!!!