Monday, October 27, 2008

Boo-rack Obama Wishes You a Happy Halloween


I think everyone knows my political leanings for this election, but in case you don't, here is an artistic expression of my choice. Many thanks to Yes, We Carve for some awesome templates. After three knives, four toothpicks, one potato peeler, a pair of scissors and a screwdriver, I was able to come up with these. My hands feel arthritic, but I think it was worth the effort. Hopefully, Nastia the neighborhood kitten won't destroy it.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your pumpkin head.

Jim and Sharon said...

Too boo-tiful for words!! That is amazing! No one is enjoying this election more than you, Mark and Lukie James.
Mom

Shauna Lynn said...

wow... those are incredible.

maggie said...

What? No chainsaw?
Hey, Those are great! I laughed at your selection of tools. Better
hope Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater
doesn't see them .

The James Family said...

Wow! The O was impressive enough, but the Barack pumpkin is a work of art.

- Mark

The James Family said...

Wow. I am so impressed! I didn't know you could do something like that. We'll have to send Luke over whenever he carves his first pumpkin.

Suz

Anonymous said...

You are quite the artist! Maybe wood carvings next so you don't have to deal with them molding??

Pat said...

Wow - awesome! I'm glad you took pictures in case Nastia has a devilish streak in her!!!
Love,
Pat

Anonymous said...

Very cool! This is betty! haha We need to make some that are super scary and leave them outside Dawn's house! ha!