Thursday, June 26, 2008

Minnesota Trip


I arrived back in Austin last Thursday after four days in Minnesota. Some of the perks for traveling so much is taking in the local cultural destination like museums and historical landmarks. So what better place to absorb the local culture than to visit the Mall of America. I was eager to see the Camp Snoopy amusement park. I don't care who you are. Lifesize Peanuts characters is just about as cool as it gets. When I arrived at The Mall, I discovered the Peanuts gang had been booted by Dora and Diego. Nickelodeon has taken over the amusement park with Nickelodeon Universe.

I felt like The Griswolds when they arrived at Wally World only to discover the park closed (RIP John Candy). So I sucked it up and managed to eat a good Italian dinner at one of the restaurants. I think we selected the one that required the least amount of walking.

I'm home for two weeks before Mark and I head out yonder for the Great iPhone 3G Pilgrimage of 2008...I can't wait for the Fourth of July to get here. Besides Christmas, the Fourth of July is hands-down my favorite holiday. The air just seems different on that day. The parade, the Marching 100, being at Mom and Dad's and seeing friends new and old. The last count reported by the accounting firm of Jim and Sharon, LLC, is 55...I spent Saturday afternoon at William, Cristi and Brody's in Buda. Brody is adorable. He has the perfect little face and head. He slept for about 1 1/2 in my arms before he got hungry...Sunday afternoon was spent at Maggie and Jo's riding the jet ski. Maggie has been very gracious in letting me monopolize two weekends in a row for some lake fun. We covered almost all 28 miles of Lake Belton in two weekends. Along the way, she'd point out Paw-Paw's favorite fishing spots. He loved that lake!

3 comments:

Shauna Lynn said...

I feel your pain about the Camp Snoopy change. I guess the MOA sold out the precious memory of Charles Shultz for a little of that major network money. how sad.

The James Family said...

Darn! Who doesn't love Snoopy? I guess if you were born after 1990, Snoopy and Peanuts doesn't mean anything to you. I do have to admit, though, that if there is a Blue's Clues ride at the Mall, Luke would be on it again and again and again and again. Just live with the TV show--one time isn't enough.

-Mark

Anonymous said...

Great pics of you on the jet ski! The one of you and Brody is adorable also. I am glad you are home for a little while...even if it is only for a few weeks.