Thursday, June 12, 2008

Blogs Are Great

Blogs are great inventions. There's only one catch: I have to write posts for them to work. I've been really horrible about posting lately. I'll try to take the next few paragraphs to update everyone on what's been going on in my life the last six weeks (!) since I last posted.

The chaos started in mid-May with a trip to New York City for a series of customer meetings. I didn't do too much sightseeing, but did happen to catch the leftover crowd from the New Kids on the Block concert at the Today Show. I arrived about 10 minutes too late, but did manage to catch Jonathan smoking outside Rockefeller Center. The rest of my morning was spent doing a whirlwind "window media tour" of NYC. First stop, Don Imus near Madison Square Garden; Bill Hemmer at Fox News and then Anne Curry at the Today Show. I guess I'm easily entertained by watching TV shows through 3-inch thick glass with no sound.

It was back in Austin for the weekend and then off to Denver for work. Our team had an internal planning meeting for the next fiscal year. We capped off the week with a hike in Red Rocks.

It was back in Austin for full week and then off to Washington, D.C. for work. We're launching a new release of our software so we're kicking off a global sales training initiative. I met a co-worker in Reston, Va., just outside D.C. and took the D.C. Metro inside the Beltway for dinner and sightseeing. We didn't finish dinner until 10 pm but were still able to walk around the White House, tour the Vietnam Veterans War Memorial and walk inside the Lincoln Memorial. I definitely want to return to D.C. to visit the Smithsonian. Maybe Obama's inauguration would be a good time!

As I write this, I'm on my couch at home in good ol' Austin (okay Cedar Park) with Molly snoozing next to me. I leave on Sunday afternoon for Minneapolis-St.Paul for another round of training. I hope to visit the Mall of America and maybe bump in to Jeff Olson's kin folk.

Yesterday, Mark and I celebrated our 33rd birthday with friends and family. Does that sound as old as it looks on the screen? While it was great to have everyone there, I wish Karin could have been there. Unfortunately for me (but fortunately for her) she was soaking up the sun in Hawaii with her mom, sister and roomate.

I did, however, receive this nice birthday message from Karin at 12:01 am on June 11th.

4 comments:

The James Family said...

My envy over you seeing Imus in person has reached an unhealthy level.

Must....get....over....it.

Mark

The James Family said...

I'm so glad you updated. You have been so busy lately. Glad you have had a few weeks at home in between your travels. I bet Molly is glad too. And in July you'll go to California and Africa....you're really racking up the frequent flyer miles!

Jim and Sharon said...

If I did not jot down your travels on the calendar, I would not know where in the world you are at any given moment! You are really seeing the good ol' USA this year.....I think the trip that you and Mark are taking will be a memorable one for sure -
Love, Mom

Unknown said...

sounds like you have been busy...i am glad you are getting to travel so much! and what a sweet way to celebrate your b-day from karin while she was in hawaii!!