Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Holidays and Photos


It would be a crime not to mention the fantastic Christmas I had with family. I spent almost a week in Temple at my parents' place. I took two weeks off at work so I felt like I could really decompress and rest. We visited my great aunt Martha at her retirement community on the Friday before Christmas. She's in declining health so we dined in her community's dinning room. The highlight of the diner was seeing (and hearing) Dr. William Livingston (aka...the Voice of Tex) at a table nearby. It's like hearing the voice of God.

On Monday, we went to Maggie's, and in true James family tradition, ate Tex-Mex. Because nothing says Merry Christmas like margaritas and melted cheese goodness. It was awesome.

On Christmas Day, Mom and Dad went all out with a triptophan-inducing turkey and dressing dinner before we opened presents. It was a perfect day with Mom, Dad, aunt Pat, aunt Maggie, Mark, Suzanne and Luke present.

1 comment:

The James Family said...

I'm tempted to go back to Westminster Manor and ask Dr. Livingston to record an outgoing voice message for my cell phone. :-)

I found this video and story here: http://www.news8austin.com/content/headlines/?ArID=140372&SecID=2

- Mark