Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Won't Tell You How to Vote

But I can't stop Molly. She's goin' rogue in these last few hours.



Suzanne forwarded a great article this morning from Donald Miller, the best-selling author of "Blue Like Jazz" and "Searching for God Knows What." If you have a few minutes, it's a refreshing read.

Regardless of who you vote for, just GO VOTE!

Tonight, I'm heading over to Mark, Suzanne and Luke's house for a pancake dinner. Growing up in Belton, you were expected to attend two events each year: the Fourth of July parade and the Rotary Club Pancake Supper. I have fond memories of me, Mark and Dad heading to Leon Heights Elementary every election day afternoon and unloading gallons and gallons of whole milk, pancake batter and enough greasy sausage to max out anyone's cholesterol. So to commemorate the pancake dinners of old, we're recreating the Rotary Club Dinner tonight at Pheasant Ridge. Skim milk has taken the place of whole; turkey bacon instead of sausage and the plush confines the James' living room instead of the cafeteria seats. I'm calling it "Pancakes for Pobama." Pictures and commentary from Luke James will follow later tonight.

Fired up, ready to go.

5 comments:

Jim and Sharon said...

....never forget your fat and carb heritage....

Oh, yes, memories of the annual Rotary Pancake Supper!!! After all of those years of Dad hating pancakes, we have compromised with waffles.
And so tradition is still alive...
Barack, we are eating one for you!!

Love,
Your Momma for Obama

The James Family said...

It wouldn't be Election Day without pancakes. Looking forward to it.

- Mark

Big Daddy said...

How great is that! And Coach is right there with Molly's endorsement a la "Canines for Change":) I raise my glass of OJ in honor of Election Day:)

Anonymous said...

DJ..this is betty. WHY AM I NOT INVITED TO THIS PANCAKE DINNER??? I hope TAMARA shows up at their house. hahaha.
Good Job Molly! I will be on a date while watching the election. haha

Pat said...

With Molly's endorsement, how can Obama do anything but win? Saturday Night Live might be calling her any minute!!