Saturday, July 19, 2008

All Aboard

Tomorrow, Betty, Dawn and I leave for Zambia.  This afternoon, Karin, Mark, Suzanne, Luke, Betty and Dawn came over for a "weighing party" where I weighed my bags to make sure everything would fit on British Airways' planes.  Everything came in just under 51 lbs.  As of Saturday evening, I'm loaded down with three checked bags weighing (47, 50 and 26 lbs.) plus a carry-on with my computer, iPod, books and emergency clothes in case the checked luggage gets lost.  Karin has graciously agreed to drive us up to DFW in her sister's SUV/mini-van.  We're making a pit stop in Belton for breakfast at the Taqueria Mexicana courtesy of my parents.  Pat and Maggie are joining us too.  It'll be nice to see everyone before we leave.  Then it's back on the road for DFW.  I'll try to send photos and post updates as Internet connectivity allows.  Thanks to everyone who had anything to do with this trip.  Whether it was your monetary support, clothing donations or prayers, it was all greatly appreciated.

Here are a few photos I've been meaning to post.  
Photo 1: Karin and me at the Fourth of July
Photo 2: Betty and Dawn at DKR-Texas Memorial Stadium




















3 comments:

The James Family said...

We'll be praying for a safe trip and for you to have an amazing time there. I know those kids will be blessed to have you as their teacher for the week. We'll look forward to any updates you can give while you are there.

Suz :)

Shauna Lynn said...

we've GOT to meet Karin ASAP! that's my first time to even see her! i love the new summery layout and will be praying for your trip!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed being the bus driver to Dallas. You guys are doing such important work and we will be praying for you and the kids. Have fun!